Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Crafts

This year I decided to do a little craft during Thanksgiving week school days. If you know me in real life, you know that this is outside my comfort zone and right into the "I love my kids and want to do more fun things with them" zone. Nothing too fancy. Stuff I mostly had here at the house. It was fun and put a little holiday in our days, especially since we had school Monday through Wednesday (what a mean teacher...they'll thank me when we're done mid May, though). The kids enjoyed the fun and I did too! Whodathunk it?

Thankful Turkeys using our hand shapes
Popcorn Balls (since the Wampanoag tribe introduced popcorn to the Pilgrims and covered it with maple syrup) Chocolate Pilgrim Hats (since they look stinkin' adorable)
(Wee Babe found an unattended Pilgrim hat)

Our homeschooling neighbors even joined us for some of the fun.

Did you make anything during Thanksgiving with your kids (besides the meal, I mean)?

1 comment:

  1. Very Cute!!!
    LOVE LOVE the boys long hair. it makes him look even more like his Daddy. =)

    ReplyDelete